Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Time: 2:30pm - 4pm
Sponsored by: The MIT Graduate Student Council, Global Education & Career Development Career Services, and Office of the Vice President for Research
Are you considering an academic career? Wondering how to mount a successful job search in a highly competitive academic job market? Come and hear how others have done it. Faculty panelists who successfully landed a position will outline an effective search strategy and discuss important elements of the process – finding opportunities of interest, preparing a strong application, the role of your advisors, interviewing, negotiating, and how the increasingly competitive job market is changing the faculty search process.
Pre-registration is requested via CareerBridge: https://www.myinterfase.com/mit/event_view.aspx?token=QBuKgF8txKMiWkOMNg+ufQ%3d%3d
We are very honored to have a diverse group of panelists consisting of MIT, Tufts, and Wheelock College professors.
- Professor Anna Frebel: Associate Professor of Physics, MIT
- Professor Barbara Imperiali: Class of 1922 Professor of Biology and Professor of Chemistry, MIT
- Professor Elizabeth Nolan: Associate Professor of Chemistry, MIT
- Professor Carolin Cardamone: Assistant Professor of Astronomy, Wheelock College
- Professor Lenore Cowen: Professor of Computer Science, Tufts University
- Professor Shafiqul Islam: Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Professor of Water Diplomacy, Tufts University.